The Dutch broadcaster’s media innovation lab uses novel technologies to provide engaging narrative experiences, while also informing its audience about the technologies’ possible impact on their everyday lives.
Archive for category: Media labs
In May 2016, Radio-Canada made a strong commitment to innovation by creating Rad, a journalism laboratory that develops formats for young people who get news on the Internet. Since then, the lab has come a long way: two major digital awards, a weekly YouTube news broadcast and effective collaborations...
Le Tank Media has become one of the leading actors in media entrepreneurship in France. Using this experience it is now expanding its ambitions, with a 1700 m² space dedicated to emerging media opening soon, as well as other new projects.
The Journal’s R&D unit works across the newsroom to develop new computational approaches to empower journalists with machine learning and artificial intelligence resources.
“La Compagnie Rotative is the media lab of proximities.” This phrase summarises well the philosophy behind the media lab of the group Centre France. Its approach to innovation is based on closeness between people, local economic actors, and citizens, as well as sharing and creating connections.
- 27 APRIL 2021 – GAMI Briefing #1: AI and Newsroom Performance/Productivity
- 30 March–1 April 2020 – Stars4Media Lab @ VUB Brussels
- 27–28 FEBRUARY 2020 – MEDIA LAB DAYS @ DMJX in Copenhagen, Denmark
- textOmatic – From big data to big insights in next to no time
- 8 APRIL 2019 – MEDIA LAB DAYS @ Cap Digital in Paris, France