The event highlighted the need for the news media to work with other industries, but sometimes problems arise as different sectors have their own cultures and processes. How can we encourage and support collaborations across disciplines?
Archive for category: Media labs
Lenfest Institute: working with the Philly Inquirer as a ‘test kitchen’ for COVID innovation and more
The Lenfest Institute was created through a philanthropic donation from media tycoon Gerry Lenfest, gifted alongside his ownership of the Philadelphia Inquirer. Editorial and digital strategy manager Joseph Lichterman explains what that has meant.
Since 2009, the Media Archaeology Lab in at the University of Colorado, Boulder, has been welcoming students and the public to get their hands on the not-latest media technologies to help them ask different questions about innovation.
VRT is the public-service broadcaster for Belgium's Flemish community - but it also welcomes startups and scaleups through its doors with the promise of experience, exposure and even, perhaps, becoming an international export
Altinget is building engaged communities around politics across Denmark and Sweden - and making money from it to experiment.
- 27 APRIL 2021 – GAMI Briefing #1: AI and Newsroom Performance/Productivity
- 30 March–1 April 2020 – Stars4Media Lab @ VUB Brussels
- 27–28 FEBRUARY 2020 – MEDIA LAB DAYS @ DMJX in Copenhagen, Denmark
- textOmatic – From big data to big insights in next to no time
- 8 APRIL 2019 – MEDIA LAB DAYS @ Cap Digital in Paris, France