It's important to have the space, the resources and the time to experiment and learn on a daily basis in the newsroom. "We don’t want the Maker Lab to be the only place where experimentation and learning take place", says Chani Guyot.
Archive for category: Media labs
Five questions to Clemens Prerovsky (CDO) about ongoing projects, lessons learned and best practices at the APA-medialab.
In the lab, FranceTV tests new tools and learns how to use them before introducing them to the newsroom. A way to spread the digital culture among journalists, who tend to be conservative and not always open to new ways of working.
Media and Democracy: research and innovation to strengthen journalism, public discourse and democracy
Media organisations, academics and public institutions work together on experimental innovation and research at Lindholmen Science Park.
Media Lab Bayern in Munich hosted the second edition of GAMI’s Media Lab Days, which means two days of inspiration and brainstorming ended with a tour of a beer brewery.
- 4 TO 6 DECEMBER 2018 – ICT 2018 in Vienna, Austria
- 2 & 3 DECEMBER 2018 – MEDIA LAB DAYS @ APA-medialab in Vienna, Austria
- 29 & 30 OCTOBER 2018 – Newsroom Summit in Oslo, Norway
- 10 & 11 OCTOBER 2018 – ARTS+ Innovation Summit in Frankfurt, Germany
- 9 TO 11 OCTOBER 2018 – DCX Expo 2018 in Berlin, Germany