GAMI partnered with the World Virtual Reality Forum (WVRF), an association based in Geneva, to organise a special VR Journalism Masterclass during the 3 days of their 2017 Annual Summit that took place in Crans Montana, 11 – 14 May.
This Masterclass was a 3 way collaboration that included WVRF, WAN-IFRA and The Journalism School at the University of Neuchâtel (also GAMI partners). We hand picked the following 9 journalists to participate:
- Nicolas Becquet, L’Echo / Mediafin, Belgium
- Nathan Griffiths, Interactive Editor, Associated Press, USA
- David Huc, Iconographe, réalisateur video, Bilan Magazine, Switzerland
- Federico Jordan, journalist – artist, Vanguardia, Mexico
- Bernard Monasterolo, Head of Multimedia and « Grands formats », Le Monde, France
- Wayua Muli, Editor, Nation Media Group, Kenya
- Bayron Schwyn, Journalist, University of Neuchâtel, Switzerland
- Nathaly Tschanz, Head of Digital Content, Augmented Reality Specialist, Axel Springer Schweiz, Switzerland
- Staale Wattø, Photo Journalist, Sunnmørsposten, Norway
They were divided into 3 teams in order to each create a 360° journalistic production to present on the main stage on the last day of the conference. Just click on the pictures below to see the productions with Facebook 360.
Les Bisses du Torrent Neuf:
World VR Forum: