The Media Lab Day is the first ‘live’ event directly related to our Media Innovation Mapping research project which plans to ‘map’ innovation labs, clusters and a selection of projects globally.
The aim of our research is to establish insights on how the media labs are structured, and why they were created, what type of methods they use to innovate, their products and services, and stories of their successes and failures.
When speaking to the labs, many expressed an interest in the best practices and methods of the other labs, so we decided to get them together in the same room.
The goal of this event is to offer an opportunity for the people we are connecting (Heads of Labs, Innovation officers etc.) to meet in person and discuss successes and challenges together, while hosted by one of our Media Labs: Theophraste Startup accelerator in Bordeaux.
The event is free of charge and for WAN-IFRA members, but the number of places is limited. Participation will be on a first-come-first-serve basis.
Friday 8 September
From 13h: Arrival of the participants – Coffee
14h – 15h
– Visit of Sud Ouest
– Visit and presentation of Theophraste
– Pitches of selected Startups: Poool, Hubstairs, Yabawt, Kapp10 and more…
15h – 16h: Media Lab pitches
– Nordjyske Medier
– Roularta Media Group
– Independent Media South Africa
– The Danish School of Media and Journalism
– Media Innovation Studio, University of Central Lancashire
– APA – Austria Presse Agency
16h – 16h30: Coffee break
16h30 – 18h: Media Lab pitches
– BBC (News Labs)
– Stibo Accelerator
– Agence France Presse
– Media Lab Bayern
At Les Chantiers de la Garonne, in the alternative Bordeaux area called Darwin, dedicated to sustainable development, social entrepreneurship, ecological transition and citzen activism.
Saturday 9 September
9h – 12h: Ideation session
Discussions and brainstorming around topics ranging from:
– Personalisation of news content
– VR/AR/Mixed reality/merged reality
– Internet of Things (IoT)
– Data visualization
– Robot journalism
- What have you already done in these fields ?
- What would you like to do in the future in these fields ?
- Matchmaking looking for partners / projects / collaborations
Moderation: Kim Svendsen, Director, Stibo Accelerator, Denmark
12h: wrap up and buffet at Sud Ouest
13h50 – 16h30: Wine tasting
13h50 – Meeting point rue Esprit des lois (across from Bar/Restaurant Le Cercle) to take the bus to Château Pape Clément
14h30 – Wine tasting at Chateau Pape Clément, a Chateau in the Bordeaux region
16h00 – Bus back to Bordeaux