Exploring new forms of storytelling, with the intent of furthering both engineering research and journalistic practice.
Tag Archive for: training and education
Not called a ‘Lab’ but a Media Maker Space, because they’re looking for co-creation rather than grand solutions.
Focused on civic journalism and media entrepreneurship, J-Lab is a US-based national incubation centre that aims to promote digital media innovation within traditional media organisations and journalism start-ups.
Through their work with Web development, virtual reality/360 video, drone journalism and multimedia storytelling, the team is looking to influence digital media disciplines.
The lab within Independent Media is training technology graduates in media, so they get can apply technology in the newsroom and innovate in the media sector.
- 27 APRIL 2021 – GAMI Briefing #1: AI and Newsroom Performance/Productivity
- 30 March–1 April 2020 – Stars4Media Lab @ VUB Brussels
- 27–28 FEBRUARY 2020 – MEDIA LAB DAYS @ DMJX in Copenhagen, Denmark
- textOmatic – From big data to big insights in next to no time
- 8 APRIL 2019 – MEDIA LAB DAYS @ Cap Digital in Paris, France