Not called a ‘Lab’ but a Media Maker Space, because they’re looking for co-creation rather than grand solutions.
Tag Archive for: training and education
Focused on civic journalism and media entrepreneurship, J-Lab is a US-based national incubation centre that aims to promote digital media innovation within traditional media organisations and journalism start-ups.
Through their work with Web development, virtual reality/360 video, drone journalism and multimedia storytelling, the team is looking to influence digital media disciplines.
The lab within Independent Media is training technology graduates in media, so they get can apply technology in the newsroom and innovate in the media sector.
University of Kansas Media Innovation Lab: bringing students, professors and industries together for media innovation
University of Kansas Media Innovation Lab is a multi-disciplinary lab which combines academic research with digital product development and teaching in order to foster media innovation, as well as help develop new project ideas.
- 10 & 11 APRIL 2018 – DIGITAL MEDIA EUROPE in Copenhagen, Denmark
- 7 TO 10 JUNE 2018 – WORLD VR FORUM 2018 in Crans Montana, Switzerland
- 6 TO 8 JUNE 2018 – WORLD NEWS MEDIA CONGRESS 2018 in Estoril, Portugal
- 2 & 3 FEBRUARY 2018 – MEDIA LAB DAYS @ Media Lab Bayern in Munich, Germany
- SwissPay – Reinvent the way to consume news media