From Japan to Canada, startups to tech giants, many media are now thinking about and using AI. What does this mean for media workers, readers, and, who's responsible?
Archive for category: Innovation Case
The German media lab focuses on innovation at the business model level, seeking and creating products and commercial opportunities that go beyond the conventions of the news industry.
The Dutch broadcaster’s media innovation lab uses novel technologies to provide engaging narrative experiences, while also informing its audience about the technologies’ possible impact on their everyday lives.
The continued rise of Media Labs is the focus of the latest 2019 Trends in Newsrooms report. It unpacks their role, examines their organisation and offers advice on what you should do if you want to start one.
In May 2016, Radio-Canada made a strong commitment to innovation by creating Rad, a journalism laboratory that develops formats for young people who get news on the Internet. Since then, the lab has come a long way: two major digital awards, a weekly YouTube news broadcast and effective collaborations...
- 27 APRIL 2021 – GAMI Briefing #1: AI and Newsroom Performance/Productivity
- 30 March–1 April 2020 – Stars4Media Lab @ VUB Brussels
- 27–28 FEBRUARY 2020 – MEDIA LAB DAYS @ DMJX in Copenhagen, Denmark
- textOmatic – From big data to big insights in next to no time
- 8 APRIL 2019 – MEDIA LAB DAYS @ Cap Digital in Paris, France